UPDATE: April 16, 2021
Due to the current Stay-at-Home order for undergraduate students, we will not be taking any reservations for study seats until those restrictions are lifted. Study seats will remain closed through Wednesday, April 21 at both Ida Noyes and Reynolds Club.
Student Centers Study Space
In Spring Quarter 2021, Ida Noyes Hall and Reynolds Club will have seats available for individual study. These seats will be available to reserve for dates starting Monday, April 5, 2021 and available through Friday, June 4, 2021.
Please review all of our policies below prior to making a reservation. All seats will have a power supply available at them.
- Reservations for individual, quiet study spaces at Ida Noyes Hall may be made at: https://rooms.lib.uchicago.edu/reserve/INH
- Reservations for individual, quiet study spaces at Reynolds Club may be made at: https://rooms.lib.uchicago.edu/reserve/RC
- Reservations for individual Zoom Rooms at Ida Noyes Hall may be made at: https://rooms.lib.uchicago.edu/reserve/INHLL.
If you are reserved for one of our Zoom rooms, they are intended for individual use for classes, interviews, or meetings that require vocal participation. As such, a few additional rules apply:
1) A mask must still be worn at all times.
2) The door to your cubicle must remain closed
3) While you may talk and be vocal in this space, you must provide headphones and keep your voice at a volume respectful to others in the space.
Several of our study seats will be equipped with sun lamps at them to provide some sunny spots as you study. These lamps are provided in partnership with UChicago Health Promotion & Wellness and are available in the following locations:
- Ida Noyes First Floor: Seats 141 & 142
- Reynolds Club First Floor: Seats 111 & 112
- Reynolds Club Second Floor: Seats 211 & 212
Ida Noyes Hours
Sunday – Thursday: 10:00am – 7:00pm
Friday: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Reynolds Club Hours
Monday – Thursday: 10:00am – 7:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Policies for Reserving and Using Study Space in the Student Centers
1) Follow the Campus Guidelines – the University Community Care and Health Pact.
- Wear a face covering at all times, remain socially distanced from other patrons, and practice frequent hand-washing.
- Clean your reserved seat, including the table and any equipment, at the start and end of your reservation. Cleaning stations are available on each floor.
- We allow covered beverages that can be consumed without removing masks entirely. This includes water, coffee and tea.
2) Maintain a compliant and scholarly environment
- The Student Centers’ study spaces are currently for quiet, individual study only. Cell phone and video conferencing conversations are not permitted at present.
- We ask that you remain in your reserved seat when not checking in or out, visiting designated patron restrooms, or exiting/entering for a break outside.
- Do not move any furniture from its location – the seating is specially designed to ensure patron distance of 8 feet and oriented in the same direction.
- Do not sit in a seat other than your confirmed and reserved seat
- Please enter and exit during your appointment times. Reservations have a short buffer between them to give you time to clean before and after your appointment, but we rely on your keeping track of your time.
- Follow all signs posted and instructions.
- By entering the Student Centers, you agree to show an ID when asked by a staff member or a compliance monitor to do so.
Making a Reservation
- Reservations are required for admittance to Ida Noyes Hall and Reynolds Club study spaces. You must also bring your UChicago ID to check-in for your reservation at our main desk. You must check-in at the main desk before accessing your reserved seat.
- Study space may be reserved in half-hour increments for sessions lasting between 1-3 hours (Reynolds Club and 1-5 hours (Ida Noyes Hall) . The Student Centers only permit one reservation per student , per day.
- Reservations must be placed at least 12 hours in advance and may be requested no more than 7 days in advance.
Visit our site at https://rooms.lib.uchicago.edu/reserve/INH (Ida Noyes Quiet Study Seats), https://rooms.lib.uchicago.edu/reserve/RC (Reynolds Club Quiet Study Seats) or https://rooms.lib.uchicago.edu/reserve/INHLL (Zoom Rooms) to reserve your seat and please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.