Room Lottery & Annual Processes
Autumn 2023 Lottery
The Room Lottery for the 2023 Autumn Quarter is now closed. Late forms will be processed after the RSO Lottery.
Room Lottery Form
Performance Lottery Form
Mandel Hall Application 2023-2024
The application for Mandel Hall is now closed. If you have general questions or other inquiries, please reach out to our Mandel Hall Manager, Claire (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Room Lottery?
In order to distribute rooms in the Reynolds Club, Bartlett Hall, Ida Noyes Hall, and classrooms in Harper and Stuart in a fair manner for regularly scheduled meetings, a lottery is held at the end of each quarter to schedule events for the upcoming quarter. Fall requests are submitted over the summer.
Which rooms are available in the Room Lottery?
- Ida Noyes Hall: Dance Room, Library/Lounge, East Lounge, West Lounge, Third Floor Theater
- Reynolds Club: South Lounge
- Bartlett Hall: Bartlett Arts Rehearsal Space (BARS), Bartlett Lounge
- Harper: 102, 104, 130, 135, 140, 141, 145, 148, 150, 151
- Stuart: 101, 102, 104, 105
How do I enter the Lottery?
Beginning Monday of 8th Week, you will be able to submit lottery forms for rooms in the Reynolds Club, Harper, Stuart, and performance spaces in BARS and Ida Noyes.
Be sure to read all instructions and details on the forms, including submission deadlines. If you choose to print a form out and handwrite your information, please be sure to do so legibly.
Additionally, space requests for the FXK Theater will also be available to complete all Quarter long:
- To access the form, go to Blueprint.
- The site should prompt you to log in. NOTE: you will only be able to access the form by logging into the system.
- Once you have logged in, you should be able to access and fill out the form.
Be sure to read all instructions and details on the forms, including submission deadlines.
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com
What if I have multiple room requests?
If your organization meets more than once a week, you must fill out a separate request form for each day that you intend to meet (e.g., one form for Monday meetings, another for Wednesday meetings). Organizations may not meet more than three times per week. If your organization has two kinds of regularly scheduled meetings (e.g., executive committee meetings and large group meetings), you must fill out a separate request form for each type of meeting. Finally, if you turn in multiple requests, you must prioritize them (e.g., Monday meetings are a higher priority than Wednesday meetings).
What happens to my request after I submit it?
First, we divide the requests into multiple lotteries in order to accommodate multiple requests from many groups. For instance, if you turn in a request for Monday night meetings and a request for Wednesday night meetings, your two requests will be entered into separate lotteries according to the priority that you assign them. If Monday is your highest priority request, it will be put in Round I; your Wednesday request will be in Round II. If you only turn in one request, it will be part of Round I. Next, requests are picked at random and assigned a number. We post the results of these drawings immediately after they occur. The scheduling staff then records requests on our calendar in the order in which they are picked. Round I entries are recorded first, followed by Round II entries, and so on. After checking over all requests a final time to insure that there are no conflicts, our staff signs your request. This process takes time, so we ask for your patience. You will be notified once your request has been approved, usually by email. A copy of your confirmation will be emailed to you; be sure to read it carefully.
What if I have a special once-a-year event that I'd like to book early?
If your organization is planning a special event that occurs only once a year, you don’t need to wait until lottery time to make a reservation: we take reservations for special events up to a year in advance. However, please note:
- If your organization is having a once-a-year performance for which you need rehearsal space, we can reserve only the performance date – we cannot reserve your rehearsal dates before the lottery. You should enter your rehearsal requests into the lottery the quarter before you plan to start practicing.
- We are unable to reserve several dates for a single event while you are deciding on a date. Please make reservations only if you plan to keep them. This helps us control the possible abuse of our year-in-advance reservation policy.